About Contracting with Country Home Services
Country Home Services provides once off and packaged services to many customers across our region, including Yorke Peninsula, Clare and Gilbert Valley, Burra and Surrounds, Wakefield Plains, Gawler and the Barossa Region.
Customers who have their services partly funded by the Commonwealth, have chosen our services because they are seeking to maintain their independence or they are seeking services to make their lives more manageable. Our private customers are seeking a quality professional service to help bring a sense of balance back into their busy lives.
When we understand what our customers need, we broker services on behalf of the customer with appropriately skilled and qualified Independent Contractors.
“Work school hours - Run your own business - Build a career in a growing industry - Supported training provided”
Contracting for Country Home Services offers you flexibility in when, where and how much you work, however please note that we don’t guarantee a minimum workload.
- Complete and return a Registration Application – you should include a CV/resume' and at least 2 professional/supervisory referees (referees should be aware they have been nominated)
- You will be contacted to clarify services and service areas – Only those providing required sevices in required regions will progress. We can keep your application on file should opportunities become available, at your request.
- If your application meets our service need, you will be scheduled an interview – you will be sent a copy of our contract which you will be required to read prior to interview
- Following this you will either be notified that we wish to register you or that you have been placed on the waiting list or have been unsuccessful in your application for registration.
- If successful you will be required to attend your nearest office for a face to face induction.
In order to submit your application for registration you will require:
- A Criminal History Check (*see below for approved checks) for AGED CARE (last 3 years)
- Carry an operational smart phone, with voice message facility at all times while providing services to customers
- Internet access and regularly monitored email address
- Have an active ABN - apply here: http://australia.gov.au/service/abn-apply-for-an-abn-australian-business-number
- Qualifications specific to the service type you deliver (see below)
Personal Care (Nursing, Cert III in Aged Care or similar qualification required and Provide First Aid highly desirable)
- include, but are not limited to, personal grooming, shower assistance and personal hygiene assistance.
- include, but are not limited to, assistance with grocery shopping, and support for social outings and recreation activities.
- include, but are not limited to, light housework duties, laundry, technology support and meal assistance.
Home Modification (Appropriate trade qualifications required)
- include, but are not limited to, minor plumbing and home safety modifications.
- include, but are not limited to, minor repairs and general home maintenance, yard maintenance and safety checks.
Annual Manual Handling and Infection control training is required. Other training is set throughout the year. All training is generally completed via Aged Care Channel (ACC) with some opportunities for external and special interest training and Contractors may contribute a fee for some training.
Work, Payment and Obligations (further details “Financials and Obligations” – factsheet)
Work will generally be offered to several local Contractors via SMS or phone call in the first instance. Contractors interested in the offer are asked to submit their quote and will be notified of the outcome via SMS or phone call and if successful a Service Order detailing the service forwarded. Rates must be inclusive of all costs (including travel and GST) and are per hour of service.
All Services are “subject to suspension and/or earlier termination” for reasons such as change in customer circumstances, quality issues or the ability of any or all parties to fulfil the service.
Replacement Requests are the responsibility of the Independent Contractor. So if you need time away from your clients then you will need to contact an alternative contractor (alternate contractor names are provided to you on your service order) and fill out one of the following required forms:
Taxation and superannuation are the responsibility of the Independent Contractor.
Insurance is the responsibility of the Independent Contractor.
All Independent Contractors must have:
Business Insurance – may be purchased independently or through a group policy offered by Country Home Services – at a nominal rate (currently 40c/hr)
- Public Liability - not less than $20,000,000 per claim
- Professional Indemnity – not less than $10,000,000 per claim
Transport provided to customers is undertaken in the Independent Contractor’s vehicle and you must have a current vehicle registration and Third Party Property Insurance as a minimum. Any vehicle used must be safe, roadworthy, appropriately registered and maintained.
*Approved Criminal History Checks:
CV Check (generally within an hour)
National Metric Check
Instant Checks (80% returned within 48 hours)
Police Check Express
Australian Federal Police - original required (2-4 weeks)
SA Police - original required (2-4 weeks)
We cannot guarantee acceptance of ANY other type of clearance, other than those stated, as those above have been assessed as meeting our disclosure requirements. “Department of Community and Social Inclusions (DCSI) Employment Screenings” are currently accepted.
Please contact our contracting officer, Chris Kirk at 1300 773 202